Wake up and smell the bagels! There’s nothing quite like starting your day off with a warm, delicious bagel.
But what about toasting bagels?
Can you put them in a regular toaster like you would with bread?
The short answer is yes, you can!
Many toasters have a bagel function that toasts only the cut sides of the bagel rather than the outer sides, leaving you with a crunchy crispy crust and soft and warm non-cut outer sides.
A special “bagel” button on the toaster or changing the toaster’s settings are typically used to accomplish this.
The toaster will then concentrate the heat on the bagel’s cut sides, giving them a crispy texture while omitting it from the bagel’s outer sides.
The toaster bagel function is useful for bagels with a crunchy crust that you don’t want to get overly crisp because it maintains the bagel’s overall texture.
Toasting bagels in a regular toaster with or without a bagel button is easy and can be a convenient way to enjoy a warm, crispy bagel.
Here’s how to do it:
- Set your toaster to the desired level of toasting. Keep in mind that bagels are denser than bread, so you may need to toast them for a little longer to get them to your desired level of crispiness.
- Place the bagel in the toaster, cut side down. If you’re toasting more than one bagel, place them in the toaster side by side.
- Push down the toaster lever to start the toasting process.
- Wait for the bagel to toast to your desired level of crispiness. This may take longer than toasting bread, so be patient.
- Once the bagel is toasted to your liking, carefully remove it from the toaster using tongs or a fork. Be careful, as the bagel may be hot!
There are a few things to keep in mind when toasting bagels in a regular toaster:
- Some types of bagels may not toast as evenly as others. For example, bagels with a lot of seeds or other toppings may not toast as evenly as plain bagels.
- If you’re toasting a frozen bagel, you may need to toast it for a little longer to get it to your desired level of crispiness.
- Toasting a bagel in a toaster will not give you the same chewy texture as boiling and baking a bagel. If the chewy texture is important to you, you may want to stick to boiling and baking your bagels.
Overall, toasting bagels in a regular toaster is a convenient and easy way to enjoy a warm, crispy bagel.
Just be sure to keep an eye on the toaster to make sure the bagel doesn’t get burnt and be careful when removing the hot bagel from the toaster.
So, yes Bagels can easily be toasted in a regular toaster leaving you with a crunchy crispy crust and a soft and warm bagel
Toasting bagels in a regular toaster is a quick and easy way to enjoy this breakfast favorite, and it’s a great option for those mornings when you’re short on time.
Whether you like your bagel lightly toasted or perfectly crisp, toasting a bagel in a toaster is a simple way to get the perfect bagel every time.
So, grab a toaster and some bagels, and let’s get toasting!
- SMEG Common Toaster: 5 Common Problems (with solutions)
- Breville Toaster Oven Not Turning On (with fixes)
- Delonghi Toaster: 5 Common Problems (Must Read)
- Image by Racool_studio on Freepik