Ovens can often run into issues, even if you’re using high-end oven brands such as De’Longhi.
After all, appliances of any sort are prone to failure at times, as nothing is made perfect.
Keeping this in mind, it’s essential to be prepared to solve any problems you might face with your oven.
Continue reading below to keep your De’Longhi oven working with ease.
7 Common Problems with De’Longhi Oven (with Solutions)
Here are 7 common De’Longhi oven problems, along with their solutions, to help you deal with any trouble.
De’Longhi oven is not turning on
At times, your De’Longhi oven won’t turn on or respond to any of the buttons or dials on the control panel.
The likely cause of your De’Longhi oven is faulty power cord, socket, or tripped circuit breaker.
In such a situation, make sure to follow the solutions mentioned below to solve the problem.
- The first step to solving such a problem is to make sure the power cord is fitted tightly to the power socket. If the cable is loose, your oven will not receive the power needed to turn it on.
- If the power cord appears to be in place, make sure the circuit breaker has not been tripped. But if doing so doesn’t solve the problem, you will need to call a professional to do the work for you.
De’Longhi oven not heating
If your food turns out to be undercooked or not cooked at all, your oven may have a heating issue.
De’Longhi oven, not heating is typically caused by faulty baked elements.
But there’s nothing to worry about, as the solutions mentioned below can help you fix the issue in no time.
- Test the baked element of your oven by observing for cracks and inconsistencies in its red glow. If the bake element appears to be defective, replace it to fix your oven.
- If the bake element appears to be working as expected, test the igniter. If the igniter glows for more than 90 seconds without ignition, replace the igniter, and your oven will start heating as expected.
De’Longhi oven lights out
The oven light can be of great help when it comes to cooking food, as it allows you to pull it out at the perfect time.
But at times, your oven’s light won’t turn on.
The likely cause of your De’Longhi oven light not working is a blown light globe.
Fortunately, you can solve this issue by following the solutions below.
- Try testing the oven light bulb in a different socket and replacing it if it doesn’t turn on.
- If the light bulb turns on in a different socket, the oven socket may be at fault. Test for current in its wires using a multimeter and call in a professional if there appears to be a disconnection.
De’Longhi oven won’t self-clean
Self-cleaning is an incredibly useful feature in modern ovens. After all, no one wants to get exhausted trying to clean tough stains from their ovens.
However, De’Longhi ovens can often run into issues when it comes to self-cleaning. But the below-mentioned solutions can help you fix your oven.
- Check if your oven door closes properly before trying to use the self-cleaning function. The oven won’t self-clean until the door is latched properly. If the door appears to be loose, call a professional to fix your oven’s door.
- If the door is working perfectly, it’s possible that you’re trying to use the self-cleaning function while the oven is still hot. Use the self-cleaning feature only once the oven temperature has cooled down.
De’longhi oven baking unevenly
If you notice your food to be unevenly cooked, chances are it’s due to an internal oven fault rather than a cooking mistake.
Follow the solutions mentioned below to solve the issue.
- Remove any debris stuck in the convection fan blades to allow it to circulate hot air around the oven and keep the temperature even.
- If there appears to be no debris, detach the fan and test the fan motor for continuity using a multimeter. If the motor has no current passing through it, replace it to fix the oven.
De’Longhi oven using the wrong temperature
Undercooked or overcooked food, even after placing it in the oven for the right amount of time, is the telltale sign of inaccurate internal oven temperature.
To fix the temperature back, try using the solutions below.
- Faulty heating elements can result in an inaccurate temperature. So, test the igniter and bake element of your oven and get them replaced if they appear to be defective.
- A defective thermostat will not be able to regulate the oven temperature accurately. However, testing and replacing a thermostat can be complicated, so get a professional to do the work for you.
De’Longhi oven door not functioning
The oven door can often run into issues. At times, you will not be able to close or open it, leaving the oven useless and even blocking features such as self-cleaning.
However, you can fix this issue with the following solutions.
- If the door is not closing correctly, there is an issue with the door latch. Detach the door and replace the latch to fix the problem.
- If the problem persists, you can try tightening the screws of the hinges. However, if things get complicated, call in a professional.
How long do De’Longhi ovens last?
A De’Longhi oven can easily last more than a decade.
However, you can increase the lifespan of your De’Longhi oven further through frequent maintenance.
Are De’Longhi ovens any good?
De’Longhi is a trusted brand when it comes to kitchen appliances.
However, their ovens are particularly popular due to their quality, reliability, and convenient features.
So, it’s safe to say, De’Longhi ovens are good for use.
What do the reviews say?
I use this convection oven almost every day. For years I had used a DeLonghi oven, and when it finally stopped giving me service, I tried to find another.
In the meantime, I bought some others, but none of them lasted as long as my first DeLonghi.
Finally, I found this one at Best Buy, and it is just as good as my first-in many ways better.
I would recommend this oven to anyone looking for a fantastic cooking device.
This convection oven is quite compact and powerful. It replaced a larger and less effective model we had for several years.
The design allows for easy movement of racks for cooking different food and cleaning the entire oven.
I highly recommend this product to anyone wanting to get the biggest bang for the buck.
This oven does it all. Defrosts, toasts, bakes, broils, and rotisserie, all for a great price.
I bought it mainly for the rotisserie but got so much more for the money.
No need for my toaster and microwave anymore, which will give me more counter space! Very pleased with this oven!
Pros and cons of De’Longhi ovens
Here are some pros and cons of De’Longhi ovens
- Great build quality
- Easy to use
- Preheating speed can be low
- Warranty can be short
- Accessories are often not dishwasher safe
De’Longhi ovens are the perfect choice for your kitchen, without a doubt.
After all, they come equipped with all the latest features alongside being incredibly sturdy and reliable.
But be prepared to face some issues with your De’Longhi ovens.
The common problems and their solutions mentioned above will help you with this purpose.
- Westinghouse Oven: 7 Common Problems (with solutions)
- My Oven Won’t Turn Off (With Solutions)
- Frigidaire Oven Problems: 7 Common Issues (with solutions)
- Image by senivpetro on Freepik