Philips is a reputable manufacturer of kitchen appliances. They have high-performance equipment; however, Philip’s air fryer issues are really annoying.
Unless your equipment is no longer functional or beyond repair, it is not yet time to give up.
You can get help from this Philips air fryer guide regarding the causes and their possible fixes.
Let’s go through the 7 common issues one by one.
Philips Air Fryer Not Turning On
Phillips air fryer not turning on is commonly caused by the appliance not being plugged, incorrect placement of basket, or faulty cable.
Following the troubleshooting steps should get your Phillps air fryer up and cooking again
- You may not have properly connected your Philips’ air fryer plug to the power supply. Therefore, look for the source before assuming there is some fault.
- The air fryer may not turn on if the basket is not in the correct position. The Air Fryer won’t detect all parts and won’t turn on if the latch on the basket is not locked in position.
- There may be malfunctioning circuitry in your home, which includes a broken power source or plug. Sockets can indeed get old or break.
- There may be an issue with the wire connecting your Philips air fryer to the wall outlet. That includes a defective live or ground wire.
Philips Air Fryer Not Heating Up
Inadequate heating is a problem with air fryers, just like other appliances with heating components. As a result, many consumers believe their devices break down when they have a cooling event.
Phillips air fryer not heating up is typically caused by a faulty power supply or damaged components.
This is untrue, though, as the heating problem could be brought on by the way you use your appliance.
Let’s troubleshoot the causes of your Philips air fryer’s failure to heat up:
- Your Philips air fryer won’t heat up if the power to your home or electrical outlet is cut off.
- The hot air that the heating coil inside your air fryer generates is the source that cooks your meal. However, since all heating coils are typically fragile, they could crack under stress or from improper handling.
- Check to see if your temperature/time knob is working correctly. Or you entered the dials incorrectly. Your radiator will become cool if the required time frame or temperature is not met.
- Check the socket for any disconnection. If there is no problem with the plug, then there may be a power cut-off. Report the power cut-off as soon as you detect it.
- If the heating coil is the issue, replace it.
- Occasionally, perform servicing of your Philips air fryer to avoid any thermostat/time lever defects.
Philips Air Fryer Not Cooking Properly
Food cooks efficiently and quickly with air fryers. However, if you are not cautious, this could lead to uncooked or overdone food.
Overfilling the basket with food causes the Phillips air fryer not to cook properly.
- Adjust the temperature and cooking interval in your Philips air fryer.
- Check the heating element and replace it if needed.
- Leaving enough space between ingredients allows air to circulate effectively, resulting in crispy food rather than steamed food. Do not place food in the air fryer in bulk.
Philips Air Fryer Making Strange Noises
When in use, air fryers make a lot of noise. Some types are fairly loud and can be annoying, particularly if you’re watching TV or over the phone.
Unusual noises could be the result of loose parts on the inside of the air fryer. A something air fryer is probably unfastened if it is making chattering noises.
- Check the internal parts; if loose, contact the manufacturers.
- See if any food or element is stuck inside the air fryer. Remove if you find any debris in the air fryer.
- Put your air fryer in an open space.
Philips Air Fryer Blowing Smoke
Too much grease, food build-up, too much food, or a need for thorough cleaning are all likely causes of your Phillips air fryer blowing smoke. When you notice unusual smoke, unplug your appliance and inspect it to determine the source.
When there is too much oil left in your air fryer’s bottom, this problem occurs.
- Wipe away oil by blotting it with an absorbent.
- Use water to clean the bottom part of an air fryer.
- Place the air fryer underneath the exhaust fan.
Philips Air Fryer Cooking Unevenly
With a Phillips air fryer, you cannot cook food evenly if it is packed with food and not exposed to an even distribution of heat.
- Making sure ingredients have enough room allows air to circulate effectively, producing crispy food as opposed to steamed food.
- Make sure you distribute the food evenly in the air fryer.
- The flavor of food can be affected by residual food from previous cooking. After each use, wipe down the area around the fan and inside the appliance with a microfiber cloth.
- Set the right temperature and time for cooking.
Philips Air Fryer Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Sometimes you face issues while connecting your Philips air fryer to the Wi-Fi. This might be due to an unstable Wi-Fi connection, or you might have changed your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your air fryer is within the Wi-Fi signal reach.
- Check the plug and make sure there is no loose connection.
- Test the power socket and replace it if needed.
- Unplug and re-plug the air fryer.
The lifespan of Philips Air Fryers?
The lifespan of the Philips air fryer is up to 3 years. That said, the Philips air fryer’s lifespan depends entirely on how often it is used and how you maintain it.
Are Philips Air Fryers any Good?
Yes, it is a great choice if you want to purchase a quality air fryer for a healthy meal in no time. With Philips air fryer, you can cook food with less oil while not compromising on texture.
Additionally, it is a well-made appliance that is simple to operate and doesn’t require preheating.
Philips air fryers are worth the price if you genuinely want fried food but don’t want to consume too much oil.
Pros and Cons of Philips Air Fryer
Here are some of the pros and cons of Philips Air Fryer
- Cooking with a Philips air fryer takes less time.
- A Philips air fryer is lightweight and portable, making it simple to store in a secure location after use.
- You don’t need any oil to cook many foods. Less oil is used, which results in much less cholesterol in the food.
- The air fryer’s components are detachable, making it simple to clean.
- You cannot cook for many people using a Philips air fryer as it will require cooking in multiple rounds.
- The air fryer consumes more electricity.
- The food cooked in the air fryer seems to lose its juiciness and taste.
An air fryer is the best choice for cooking meals most cleanly.
But, despite the ease and simplicity of air frying, it is necessary to learn a few methods to prevent the common air fryer issues that people face.
- Phillips Coffee Machine Problems: 7 Common Issues (Simple Fixes)
- Phillips Steam Irons: 7 Common Problems (explained)
- Image by wayhomestudio on Freepik