Speed Queen has more than 100 years of experience in the production of heavy-duty laundry equipment, so their washing machines and dryers are built to last.
However, Speed Queen washers, like all machines, are prone to malfunction, leaving you with a frustrating feeling and a stack of dirty clothes.
This article will discuss 7 common problems with Speed Queen washing machines and their possible solutions.
Please stick with us until the end to learn all about it.
Speed Queen Washing Machine Won’t Spin
If your Speed Queen washer is not spinning, or Speed Queen washing machine clothes are wet after the cycle the problem may lie with the lid switch assembly or faulty motor.
This switch is responsible for keeping the washer halted whenever the lid is open. If the assembly has malfunctioned, the washer will not spin.
Another problem can be the motor coupling, which connects the motor with the device’s transmission.
The motor coupling can fail if the water is overloaded or generally suffers from wear and tear over time.
- Check the motor by putting your hand inside and feeling around, you can check the motor. The motor is definitely damaged if it seems flimsy or unsteady. In that situation, you ought to get in touch with a seasoned appliance repairman.
- Check the lid switch assembly with a multimeter for continuity. If there isn’t any, replace the assembly.
- It’s possible that the drain pump is clogged. You can inspect the drain pump by removing the bottom panel and checking the pump for any blockages
Speed Queen Washer Is Making Excessive Noise
If your Speed Queen washing machine is making excessive noise, the problem may be with the bearings or loose objects moving around in the washing machine.
There are two bearings in the washing machine, one in the middle of the outer tub and the other inside the rear drum.
If any of these bearings fail, the washer will make excessive noise or leak from the bottom.
It could also be because you put the washer near another appliance which causes it to rattle every time it runs.
You may have placed the device on an uneven surface.
- Check for any buttons or coins that might be tumbling around in the washing machine
- Place the washing machine on an even surface, using a spirit level to check its balanced.
- Replacing the bearing requires complete machine disassembly, which is best done by a professional
Finally, if the washer is still making weird noises, call a technician to come out and determine the source of the noise and take the necessary steps, which in most cases will be a component replacement.
Speed Queen Washer Won’t Agitate
If your Speed Queen washing machine won’t agitate, the problem lies with the agitator repair kit more often than not.
This kit has all the components that allow the washer to stir, and once it malfunctions, you’ll run into issues.
Another reason can be a loose or damaged drive belt that isn’t functioning correctly due to wear and tear.
In that case, you should call a professional appliance repair person to take a look
- Replace the agitator repair kit
- Replace the drive belt
Speed Queen Washer Isn’t Draining
If your Speed Queen washing machine isn’t draining water, the drain pump may be clogged.
This pump is responsible for pushing out water from the hose, but often debris gets stuck inside the pipe, causing the drain not to function as intended.
The hose can also get blocked if a small piece of clothing like a sock gets stuck inside the pump.
- Clean the drain pump. If cleaning doesn’t solve the problem, replace it
- Remove obstruction from the drain hose.
If these solutions have worked, then it’s best to call an appliance repair person to take a look.
Speed Queen Washer Won’t Start
If your Speed Queen washing machine has power but doesn’t start, try pressing a few buttons on the main display to check if the control board is working.
Often a problem with the main control board causes the machine not to start, even when it has power.
Another reason can be a fault with the washing machine timer, as any malfunction can cause the entire machine to shut down.
- Replace the main control board
- Replace the faulty timer
If your Speed Queen washing machine does not have power, then check for a damaged power cord connecting to the outlet.
Test the power socket by using a smaller appliance, and check if the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped.
If your washing won’t start after troubleshooting the steps above, you’ll need a Speed Queen professional to look at the circuitry and identify the faults with the control board.
Speed Queen Washer Won’t Fill
If your Speed Queen washer isn’t filling with water, the water inlet valve is probably the culprit.
This valve is responsible for the washer’s water supply, and it works if the pressure requirement is met, and it can fail if damaged or if the pressure is too low.
- You should be able to see hoses leaving the back of your washer that is attached to cold- and hot-water faucets. Check that these faucets are turned on and that the hoses leading to the unit are not kinked before continuing. Sometimes that is all it takes and doing so may only need turning on these faucets or adjusting the hose.
- Water inlet valves are the components of a washing machine that tell it when to begin or stop filling. This valve will occasionally fail and fail to signal the machine to fill. This is a relatively simple repair that normally necessitates the services of a technician
- When the water level reaches a specific level, a sensor alerts them to cease filling. These sensors can fail and alert the washing machine that the water level is too high, even if the unit is empty. The device will not fill until the sensor is repaired or replaced. This will require the services of a technician to resolve
Speed Queen Washer Stops Abruptly:
If your Speed Queen washing machine stops abruptly mid-cycle, the door switch may malfunction, or a faulty water inlet.
The controller gives the signal to the machine to start once it’s closed, but if it fails, it’ll cause the washing machine to stop mid-cycle.
Another reason can be a faulty water inlet valve that has lost its continuity.
If the Speed Queen washer loses power during the cycle, make sure the power supply is properly inserted into the socket and that the circuit is not tripped.
- Check the power supply, making sure the washer is properly plugged into the socket. Check that the power cord is not faulty and that the circuit has not been tripped.
- Replace the door switch, which will require a technician
- Replace the water inlet valve, which will require a technician
Speed Queen Washing Machine Leaking
The most common causes of Speed Queen washing machine leaking include an unlevel unit, faulty connections, a damaged pump, or a loose clamp.
Don’t worry; simply follow the steps below to resolve.
Speed Queen Washer Is Not Level
The Speed Queen washer could be leaking because your complete unit isn’t level, resulting in an out-of-balance washing drum.
Check that all of your washer’s legs are appropriately spaced on a solid floor.
If your legs aren’t standing equally, review your user handbook to learn how to level them.
Place a level on top of the washer and adjust the legs as needed until your machine’s legs are evenly spaced on the ground.
The water Connection Is Leaking
If you see the leakage from the machine’s bottom, the main hose connection could be to blame.
Check for leaks in the water inlet hose connections to the washer and the water valves in your home.
Tighten any loose connections and replace any damaged valves as needed.
When draped over a sink basin or attached to a sink drain or standpipe, make sure the hose is 60-90 cm high to avoid future seepage.
Defective Water Pump
A faulty water pump or hoses linked to the pump are frequently to blame for leaks under the washer.
If the pump is malfunctioning, you will typically hear a lot of rumbling or shaking coming from the appliance throughout a wash cycle.
A washer’s water pump is often found near the bottom of the appliance.
The two substantial hoses that are attached to the water pump serve as a visual cue.
If any of these connections seem slack or congested, you can visually confirm this.
Hose Clamp Loose or Missing?
Your washing machine’s drain hose should be connected to the drainage pipe that extends from your washer.
A clamp for the hose connection should be visible where they meet.
Your washing machine’s drain hose should be connected to the drainage pipe that extends from the washer.
This clamp may be hidden on the inside of some models, but it is usually visible.
If the connection feels or appears loose, or if there is no clamp or sealed connection at all, water may be leaking out of the bottom of the washer.
In most cases, tightening the water hose by hand is sufficient.
However, there may be times when a replacement part or a professional serviceman is required to complete the task.
How Long Does Speed Queen Washing Machine Last?
Speed Queen washers, according to its website, are developed, tested, and constructed to provide up to 25 years of commercial-grade performance in your home.
Speed Queen top load washers are built better and last longer since they are made with metal components and are extensively tested to assure reliable operation.
A washing machine that is used infrequently will last longer than a washing machine that runs a cycle every day.
Are Speed Queen Washing Machines Any Good?
Yes, Speed Queen is a top-notch brand of washers. Speed Queen washers are built to be durable and have few electronic components, so they are easy to repair even after many years of usage.
Speed Queen has won numerous awards, including the prestigious Women’s Choice award for Brand Loved by Women across America.
They have also won Good Housekeeping 2021 Cleaning Awards
If you don’t mind a simple design, a Speed Queen washer and dryer will deliver best-in-class performance and longevity.
Speed Queen is very well-priced when compared to competing brands.
Speed Queen appliances have a 5-year full warranty from the date of purchase.
What do The Reviews say?
Getting rid of my front loader and purchasing this speed queen was one of the best moves I have ever made, but I don’t think I can add much to what the other reviews have already stated.
I can wash a load of laundry in 20 minutes, and it comes out clean and smelling fresh again. I wish there were ten stars available for this washer!
Well, this queen works well to handle all your needs, is friendly to use, its washers all color clothes our just white. just set and forget. Very quick, washed in no time at all will not disappoint you. Make washing fun!
This is the real down-to-earth get-it-done machine. I want clean clothes, if it doesn’t clean them, it will destroy them. The machine is fully adjustable for delicate clothes, but if your clothes are filthy, like stained jeans, there isn’t any other machine on the market to get the job done!
I give this machine a ten-star rating. No other machine ever comes close
Pros and Cons Speed Queen Washing Machine
Here are some of the pros and cons of Speed Queen Washing Machines
- Extended Warranty
- Instructions are uncomplicated and easy to operate
- Commercial-grade construction
- Nosier than other brands
- Traditional appearance. The only color available is white. Most brands now offer appealing colors and glass doors.
- No WIFI – Speed Queen does not offer this modern perk
So, there you have it: our complete troubleshooting guide for your Speed Queen washer so you’re always prepared in the event of a problem.
If you have a fault, carefully read the article and contact a skilled technician.
- Speed Queen Dryer Problems: 7 Common Issues (Must Read)
- Washing Machine Leaking: 7 Common Reasons (with fixes)
- Amana Washing Machine Leaking: 7 Common Reasons (with fixes)