Avanti ovens, like all Avanti appliances, are well-designed, packed full of features, and built to last.
Don’t worry if you bought an Avanti oven and are having trouble (or at least try not to)
This article will go through 7 typical concerns with Avanti ovens and possible solutions.
Please stick with us until the end to learn all about it.
Let’s dive in!
Avanti Oven is Not Working
If your Avanti oven is not working, it is most likely due to an electrical failure. A bad power cord connecting to the outlet, a malfunctioning power socket, or a fuse that has tripped the circuit breaker could all be to blame.
No matter what buttons you press on the control panel, the oven won’t seem to work.
In such a situation, try out the following solutions.
- Ensure the power cable is plugged in properly and the socket works.
- Check if the circuit breaker has been tripped due to a power surge and flip it back on.
- Replace the thermal fuse if all other measures fail.
If the troubleshooting steps above did not resolve the issue, you will need to contact a technician.
Avanti Oven Not Heating
If your food is taking too long to cook or not cooking at all, your oven might have a heating issue with your oven.
You can be certain about this by cooking a batch of food as a test to check the heating.
Avanti oven, not heating is often caused by faulty ignition, worn heating elements, or objects obstructing the convection fan.
To fix your oven, follow the solutions mentioned below.
- Check the bake element for cracks and inconsistent red glows. If the element appears to be defective, replace it with the help of a professional.
- Check the convection fan for obstructions and ensure its motor works; otherwise, replace the motor.
For more in-depth information check out the article below
Avanti Oven Taking Too Long to Heat Up
A common problem mainly with old Avanti ovens is they can take too long to heat up.
Slow heating of an electric oven can also indicate a variety of issues with the appliance.
The likely cause of the oven taking too long to heat up is hot air leaking from the oven.
Damaged oven door seal: The seal is attached to the oven door and ensures that when the door is closed, it forms an airtight seal.
This allows the oven to trap all of its hot air. When the seal is damaged, hot air escapes, and the healing process is delayed.
Oven door hinges that are damaged: Hinges allow the door to open and close easily while remaining perfectly aligned with the rest of the appliance.
When they become bent or broken, the door is unable to close securely, preventing the oven from trapping heat inside.
As a result, hot air escapes and the oven takes an inordinate amount of time to reach cooking temperatures.
If you have found the Avanti oven to be properly sealed, then it’s likely to be a result of a power supply issue, faulty main control board, or heating element being worn out.
If that’s the case best to call out a repair person to check it out.
Avanti Oven Baking Unevenly
At times, you will notice your oven-cooked food to be unevenly baked.
This is a common problem with Avanti ovens which are often disguised as cooking mistakes.
Avanti oven baking unevenly is typically caused by the bake element being burnt out, only the broil element will heat the oven. As a result, the oven will heat unevenly. When the bake element is properly heated, it glows red hot.
Following the solutions mentioned below will allow you to cook food evenly again.
- Look for holes or blisters to determine whether the baking element has burned out as it will be obviously damaged. Using a multimeter, check the bake element for continuity to see whether it has burned out. Replace the baking element if it lacks continuity.
- Debris can often get stuck between the blades of convection fans and stop it from circulating hot air around the oven for an even temperature. So, you may be able to solve this problem by removing debris.
- However, removing debris doesn’t help; test the fan motor for continuity using a multimeter. If there is no current passing, replace the motor and fix the connection to it.
Avanti Oven Temperature Inaccurate
If your food is coming out to be undercooked or overcooked, chances are you’re experiencing a common problem with Avanti ovens.
From time to time, Avanti ovens can start to function at inaccurate temperatures which are due to a faulty igniter or bake element.
But you can solve this problem using the solutions below.
- Faulty heating elements that include the igniter and the bake element can contribute to an inaccurate temperature. Test the heating elements and get them replaced to fix your oven.
- If the problem persists, the thermostat may be the culprit behind the problem. However, testing and replacing a thermostat can be tricky. So, get a professional to do the job for you.
Avanti Oven Interior Light Not Switching On
The interior light of an Avanti oven can be quite useful while cooking, as it allows you to ensure your food is properly cooked.
So, it can be quite frustrating when it doesn’t turn on. But on the bright side, it’s quite easy to fix this issue most of the time.
- All you need to do is check if the bulb has burnt out or not and replace it if it has.
- However, sometimes, there may be a problem with the bulb socket, which can also be replaced with ease.
Avanti Oven Light Stays Off
The oven light is an incredibly useful tool to ensure your food is cooked properly.
However, at times, you will notice your oven’s light remaining off while it’s running.
Avanti Oven’s light staying off is typically caused by a blown light bulb.
If that’s the case, try following the solutions below to fix the issue.
- It’s possible the light bulb has blown out. To test it, take out the bulb and try turning it on in another socket. If the bulb doesn’t turn on, replace it to fix your oven.
- If the bulb appears to be working as expected in another socket, the oven’s socket may be faulty. Use a multimeter to test if the current is passing through the socket wires. Call a professional to fix the internal disconnection if there is no current passing.
Avanti Oven Not Self-Cleaning
Self-cleaning can be quite helpful when it comes to removing tough stains and odors from your oven.
However, once it stops working, keeping your Avanti oven clean can get challenging.
So, refer to the solutions below to bring self-cleaning back into action.
- Self-cleaning features are designed to only work when the oven has cooled down. Try using the self-cleaning feature once the oven has cooled if you haven’t been doing so.
- However, if the oven doesn’t clean even while it’s cool, there may be an issue with the oven door latch. Call in a professional to fix the door latch.
Avanti Oven Broiler Not Working
The broiler is a great feature that allows you to cook particular foods to perfection.
However, Avanti ovens can have a problem regarding the broiler which is typically caused by damaged elements.
If your oven’s broiler appears to be dysfunctional, follow the solutions below.
- Check if the broil element has been damaged. You can do so by observing whether or not it glows red hot. A faulty broil element may also have holes and blisters. If the broil element appears to be faulty, replace it.
- If the broil element is working fine, the igniter may be at fault. Test the igniter and replace it if it turns out to be broken.
Avanti Oven Control Panel Not Working
Avanti ovens come with a control panel that includes several important buttons and options that can allow us to cook with ease and convenience.
However, if even one of those buttons stops working, it’s almost impossible to use the oven.
After all, there is no way to set the temperature or start cooking without the use of the control panel.
To fix your control panel, start by checking the connections of wires to the control panel.
However, make sure to turn off the oven before doing so as a safety measure.
If you don’t notice any faults with the wiring, check the printed circuit board for faults and clean it.
Avanti Door Not Closing Properly
Unfortunately, the door of an oven not closing properly is a common issue.
Avanti oven door not closing properly is typically caused by latch or hinge issues
You must first determine what is preventing the door from closing.
- Latch issues: a broken latch that may need to be replaced. When trying to force the door open, some locks might be clumsy and flimsy on some oven models.
- Hinge Issues: Over time, rust and debris can cause the hinges on an oven door to become stiff. Attempt to keep these lubricated and clean. You could try moving the frame to realign the hinges if you think your door hinges have been broken or knocked out of alignment.
- Oven frame: Over time, regular heating and cooling of your oven might potentially lead to issues with your oven door. As a result, the framework may shift, and even a tiny movement could lead to a lock or latch failure. Repositioning the frame might be aided by tightening the screws.
- Worn door seal will also make it difficult for the door to remain closed and sealed. This needs to be replaced to stop heat loss from the interior of the oven, as oven seal detachment is one of the causes of extended cooking times.
If you are unable to fix these yourself best to call out a technician to take a look at the door.
Avanti Oven Overheating
Avanti oven overheating issues are commonly caused by a faulty thermostat which is responsible for regulating heat inside the oven.
A faulty cooling fan will also result in the oven becoming too hot.
Oven vents, control panels, temperature sensors, and selector switches are all familiar culprits – and can all be repaired or replaced by your trusted technician.
How Long Do Avanti Ovens Last?
The average Avanti oven has a lifespan of 15 to 20 years.
You may, however, extend and improve its lifespan by keeping it in good shape.
To achieve this, inspect your Avanti oven regularly and repair any issues that arise.
Are Avanti Ovens Any Good?
Yes, Avanti’s ovens are very good. Avanti compact ovens are ideal for any office, studio apartment, RV, tiny house, condo, vacation home, or anywhere else where space in a small kitchen is limited.
Avanti ovens are not only compact, but well designed with quality finishes that would satisfy the fussiest of people.
What the Reviews Say
Have for over 1 year now, this stove is perfect for smaller kitchens works well in my small kitchen, cooks food great, is easy to clean, and looks nice and modern, recommend it
Easy to install, easy to clean and it looks great! A great addition to our kitchen. Glad we bought it.
I purchased this for a garage that I converted into an apartment. It was packaged incredibly well. It came with an area to convert to LP gas, which I had to do.
The instructions were easy to follow. So far it works great with no issues. It has high-quality sealed burners, and a recessed area around the burners to catch spills.
I know some people in other reviews didn’t like certain features or how cheaply it was made. I can’t find anything wrong with mine. I only wish it were made in the USA
If you need a high-performing, high-end luxury appliance, Avanti is the brand to go with.
However, you will almost certainly encounter some difficulties sooner or later.
In that case, the solutions listed above will come in handy.
So keep them in mind at all times and your Avanti oven in good working order.
- Avanti Fridge Problems: 7 Common Issues (solutions)
- Oven Not Heating Up but Stove Works (with 5 Simple Fixes)
- De Dietrich Oven Problems: 7 Common Issues (with solutions)
Image by senivpetro on Freepik