Beldray is a renowned name when it comes to household appliances.
From kitchen tools to cleaning appliances, Beldray manufacture some of the most effective products on the market.
The Beldray steam mop is no different and can allow you to keep your home spotless with ease.
However, at times, this product can run it issues.
To assist you, I have compiled a list of the 7 most common issues with Beldray steam mops, as well as solutions to help you use your steam mop without issue.
Beldray Steam Mop Not Turning On
If you notice that your Beldray steam mop won’t turn on, there is probably a power problem or a problem with the mop itself.
Don’t worry, just follow the instructions below.
- First off, test the power socket by plugging in the appliance in a different socket. If the appliance starts to work, you will simply need to get the main socket fixed.
- If the appliance does not work in a different socket, check the power cable for any type of damage. You can also try replacing the power cable if you have a spare one with the same amperage and voltage.
- Lastly, you can try replacing the fuse located inside the appliance. It’s possible that the fuse blew out and is halting the power supply to the other components.
If it’s still not working, it probably has an internal problem. It is best to get advice from Beldray.
Beldray Steam Mop Keeps Turning Off
Another common issue with Beldray steam mops is that they can constantly turn on and off at times.
This can be a frustrating issue.
Damaged mop cables or a loose power outlet are the two most common reasons for a Beldray steam mop to keep shutting off.
However, don’t worry, as here are some effective solutions you can use.
- A loose power cable may be the culprit behind this issue. Check the power socket and replace the cable if it appears to be loosely fixed into the socket.
- Additionally, an internally damaged cable may also be the cause of this problem. If you notice any bent areas on the cable, it’s best to have it replaced.
- If the above solutions fail to work, you will need to call in a professional to internally diagnose the components of the steam mop.
Beldray Steam Mop Not Producing Steam
When a Beldray mop doesn’t produce steam, it’s usually because not plugged into power socket properly, the tank isn’t filled with water, or the nozzle is blocked.
Here are some steps you can take to do so.
- Make sure the Beldray mop is plugged in and in a functioning outlet first. Make sure the tank has water by checking after that. It is crucial to confirm that you are ONLY filling the tank with water. The machine’s gasket and/or other components could break down as a result of alternative solutions.
- During use, the water inside the appliance evaporates as steam, leaving behind minerals on the nozzle. Over time, the nozzle is clogged, and the steam no longer escapes. To solve this issue, you may need to decalcify the nozzle.
- Use a vinegar solution and some paper clips to clean the nozzle and remove any sort of debris that may be clogging it.
- If doing so doesn’t fix the issue, you may have simply forgotten to fill the tank.
Beldray Steam Mop No Heating Up
At times, your Beldray steam mop will turn on; however, it will fail to heat up the water inside and, therefore, not produce any steam either.
A broken heating element is a common reason why your Beldray steam cleaner isn’t producing steam. Your steam cleaner won’t produce any steam if the heater, which is used to heat the water, has burst or burned out.
The steamer should sound like a boiling kettle once the water tank is full, and it is turned on.
To fix this problem and make your steam mop as good as new, follow the solutions below.
- A failed heating element is the major cause behind this issue. However, before you replace this element, you will need to test it. To start doing so, first, unplug the appliance.
- Detach the cover of the steam mop and test the two wires running from the heating element to the boiling tank using a multimeter.
- If you notice more than 50 ohms of resistance, you will need to replace the heating element.
Beldray Steam Mop Leaking Water
Water leakages are a common issue with Beldray steam mops. They can create a mess and even increase fall hazards. However, you can fix this problem by following the effective solutions below.
- One of the most common causes for water leakages is using a high steam setting, which can cause the appliance to be soaked in water, appearing as if there is a leakage. So, try to use a low steam setting to fix the issue.
- If the problem persists, check the water tank and the cap for cracks. Additionally, also make sure the rubber gasket is tightly attached. If there are any cracks in the water tank, you will need to replace it.
- Furthermore, try to tighten the water tank into the entire unit to stop water from leaking at the attachment.
Beldray Steam Mop Still Not Working
If your Beldray steam mop does not work even after trying all the solutions mentioned above, it may be facing a serious issue related to internal components.
In such a situation, it’s best to refer to the user manual that came with the appliance, as it may contain some important information about fixing complicated issues.
However, if the user manual is not helpful, call an expert, preferably from Beldray themselves. If the warranty of the product is still valid, taking help from a Beldray expert should be your priority.
Beldray Steam Mop Leaving Streaks on Floor
Beldray steam mops leaving streaks on tiles or floorboards are most likely caused by a dirty mop or leaving the mop on the floor for an extended period of time.
Sticky floors after steam mopping are commonly caused by residue from cleaning products used on the floor. Using a dirty mop pad can also result in sticky floors.
- Always sweep or vacuum your floors thoroughly before using the mop.
- Replace the mop pads on a regular basis to prevent dirt and grime from being transferred to another area. Furthermore, if the pad becomes too wet, it can leave streaks.
- Do not let the mop pad stand on a spot for longer than 15 seconds otherwise it may create a white circle on the floor. If this happens, use a cloth and a few drops of white vinegar to remove the stain.
- As needed, replenish the mop’s water tank. When the tank is empty, the mop will usually stop producing steam.
How Long Do Beldray Steam Mops Last?
Beldray steam mops can last around 7 years.
However, you can further add to their lifespan through better care and frequent maintenance.
Beldray Steam Mops any Good?
Yes, Beldray steam mops are very good, Beldray steam mops are lightweight and portable, simple to handle, and capable of cleaning even the dirtiest floors.
A basic steam mop that can be used on hard floors as well as carpeted surfaces.
Despite the fact that it only comes with one microfiber pad for the mop head, it is one of the most affordable steam cleaners on the market, with additional pads available for a reasonable price.
It’s very easy to use, with only one steam control – an on/off switch – but it also doesn’t allow for steam volume adjustment.
Pros and Cons of Beldray Steam Mops
- Stands up by itself
- Good size water tank
- Steam volume not adjustable
- Residue from messier stains
What the Reviews Say
powerful steam surge!amazing steamer,lightweight and throws out alot of steam! I bought it as i have to large dogs and a beautiful pale grey rug and needed something to keep it clean and this didn’t disappoint!I also put fabulousa mixed with water as it’s a disinfectant,it smells amazing and cleans really good,i’ve not used the attachments yet but there are loads! highly recommend 5*
This is my second one. I love this steamer. Very good steam comes out. Quick heating, light weight, good design.
My first one broke. I would never buy another brand or model. I bought a Shark steam mop, not good at all.
The only problem is the mop itself. Pretty expensive to buy spare ones.
Would definitely recommend it. I can’t do my cleaning without this. I steam my ceilings and doors too.
Ease of useLightweight and easy to use, did a wonderful job on my hard flooring in the kitchen where my dog had walked in from the wet garden leaving dried muddy footprints. I have yet to test it on soft fabrics but look forward to the results.
Beldray is undoubtedly a company you can trust when buying household appliances such as steam mops.
However, just like all appliances, steam mops are also prone to failure. So, make sure to keep in mind the solutions and common problems mentioned above to keep your steam mop in working condition.
- Image by pch.vector on Freepik