Daewoo washing machine problems like any household appliance, these machines may experience issues over time.
Understanding the typical problems that Daewoo washing machines may encounter is the first step in addressing them effectively.
In this guide, we’ll explore some of the common issues that users may face and provide practical solutions to help you keep your Daewoo washer running smoothly.
Daewoo Washing Machine Problems: 7 Common Issues (Must Read)
Here’s our list of the 7 most common Daewoo washing machine problems with solutions.
This is not to say that if you purchase a Daewoo machine you will experience these issues.
These are the most frequently encountered issues.
Other washing machine brands’ problems are not too dissimilar.
Daewoo Washing Machine Won’t Spin
If your Daewoo Washing Machine is not spinning, or your Daewoo washing machine clothes are wet after the cycle the problem may lie with the lid switch assembly or faulty motor.
This switch is responsible for keeping the Washing Machine halted whenever the lid is open. If the assembly has malfunctioned, the Washing Machine will not spin.
Another problem can be the motor coupling, which connects the motor with the device’s transmission.
The motor coupling can fail if the water is overloaded or generally suffers from wear and tear over time.
- Check the motor by putting your hand inside and feeling around, you can check the motor. The motor is definitely damaged if it seems flimsy or unsteady. In that situation, you ought to get in touch with a seasoned appliance repairman.
- Check the lid switch assembly with a multimeter for continuity. If there isn’t any, replace the assembly.
- It’s possible that the drain pump is clogged. You can inspect the drain pump by removing the bottom panel and checking the pump for any blockages
Daewoo Washing Machine Making Excessive Noise
If your Daewoo washing machine is making excessive noise, the problem may be with the bearings or loose objects moving around in the washing machine.
There are two bearings in the washing machine, one in the middle of the outer tub and the other inside the rear drum.
If any of these bearings fail, the Washing Machine will make excessive noise or leak from the bottom.
It could also be because you put the Washing Machine near another appliance which causes it to rattle every time it runs.
You may have placed the device on an uneven surface.
- Check for any buttons or coins that might be tumbling around in the washing machine
- Place the washing machine on an even surface, using a spirit level to check its balanced.
- Replacing the bearing requires complete machine disassembly, which is best done by a professional
Finally, if the Washing Machine is still making weird noises, call a technician to come out and determine the source of the noise and take the necessary steps, which in most cases will be a component replacement.
Daewoo Washing Machine Won’t Agitate:
If your Daewoo washing machine won’t agitate, the problem lies with the agitator repair kit more often than not.
This kit has all the components that allow the Washing Machine to stir, and once it malfunctions, you’ll run into issues.
Another reason can be a loose or damaged drive belt that isn’t functioning correctly due to wear and tear.
In that case, you should call a professional appliance repair person to take a look
- Replace the agitator repair kit
- Replace the drive belt
Daewoo Washing Machine Isn’t Draining:
If your Daewoo washing machine isn’t draining water, the drain pump may be clogged.
This pump is responsible for pushing out water from the hose, but often debris gets stuck inside the pipe, causing the drain not to function as intended.
The hose can also get blocked if a small piece of clothing like a sock gets stuck inside the pump.
- Clean the drain pump. If cleaning doesn’t solve the problem, replace it
- Remove obstruction from the drain hose.
If these solutions have worked, then it’s best to call an appliance repair person to take a look.
Daewoo Washing Machine Won’t Start:
If your Daewoo washing machine has power but doesn’t start, try pressing a few buttons on the main display to check if the control board is working.
Often a problem with the main control board causes the machine not to start, even when it has power.
Another reason can be a fault with the washing machine timer, as any malfunction can cause the entire machine to shut down.
- Replace the main control board
- Replace the faulty timer
If your Daewoo washing machine does not have power, then check for a damaged power cord connecting to the outlet.
Test the power socket by using a smaller appliance, and check if the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped.
If your washing won’t start after troubleshooting the steps above, you’ll need a Daewoo professional to look at the circuitry and identify the faults with the control board.
Daewoo Washing Machine Won’t Fill:
If your Daewoo Washing Machine isn’t filling with water, the water inlet valve is probably the culprit.
This valve is responsible for the Washing Machine’s water supply, and it works if the pressure requirement is met, and it can fail if damaged or if the pressure is too low.
- You should be able to see hoses leaving the back of your Washing Machine that is attached to cold- and hot-water faucets. Check that these faucets are turned on and that the hoses leading to the unit are not kinked before continuing. Sometimes that is all it takes and doing so may only need turning on these faucets or adjusting the hose.
- Water inlet valves are the components of a washing machine that tell it when to begin or stop filling. This valve will occasionally fail and fail to signal the machine to fill. This is a relatively simple repair that normally necessitates the services of a technician
- When the water level reaches a specific level, a sensor alerts them to cease filling. These sensors can fail and alert the washing machine that the water level is too high, even if the unit is empty. The device will not fill until the sensor is repaired or replaced. This will require the services of a technician to resolve
Daewoo Washing Machine Stops Abruptly:
If your Daewoo washing machine stops abruptly mid-cycle, the door switch may malfunction, or a faulty water inlet.
The controller gives the signal to the machine to start once it’s closed, but if it fails, it’ll cause the washing machine to stop mid-cycle.
Another reason can be a faulty water inlet valve that has lost its continuity.
If the Daewoo Washing Machine loses power during the cycle, make sure the power supply is properly inserted into the socket and that the circuit is not tripped.
- Check the power supply, making sure the Washing Machine is properly plugged into the socket. Check that the power cord is not faulty and that the circuit has not been tripped.
- Replace the door switch, which will require a technician.
- Replace the water inlet valve, which will require a technician.
Daewoo Washing Machine Leaking
Common causes of Daewoo washing machine leaking include an unlevel unit, faulty connections, a damaged pump, or a loose clamp.
Don’t worry; simply follow the steps below to resolve.
Daewoo Washing Machine Is Not Level
The Daewoo Washing Machine could be leaking because your complete unit isn’t level, resulting in an out-of-balance washing drum.
Check that all of your Washing Machine’s legs are appropriately spaced on a solid floor.
If your legs aren’t standing equally, review your user handbook to learn how to level them.
Place a level on top of the Washing Machine and adjust the legs as needed until your machine’s legs are evenly spaced on the ground.
Water Connection Is Leaking
If you see the leakage from the machine’s bottom, the main hose connection could be to blame.
Check for leaks in the water inlet hose connections to the Washing Machine and the water valves in your home.
Tighten any loose connections and replace any damaged valves as needed.
When draped over a sink basin or attached to a sink drain or standpipe, make sure the hose is 60-90 cm high to avoid future seepage.
Defective Water Pump
A faulty water pump or hoses linked to the pump are frequently to blame for leaks under the Washing Machine.
If the pump is malfunctioning, you will typically hear a lot of rumbling or shaking coming from the appliance throughout a wash cycle.
A Washing Machine’s water pump is often found near the bottom of the appliance.
The two substantial hoses that are attached to the water pump serve as a visual cue.
If any of these connections seem slack or congested, you can visually confirm this.
Hose Clamp Loose or Missing?
Your washing machine’s drain hose should be connected to the drainage pipe that extends from your Washing Machine.
A clamp for the hose connection should be visible where they meet.
Your washing machine’s drain hose should be connected to the drainage pipe that extends from the Washing Machine.
This clamp may be hidden on the inside of some models, but it is usually visible.
If the connection feels or appears loose, or if there is no clamp or sealed connection at all, water may be leaking out of the bottom of the Washing Machine.
In most cases, tightening the water hose by hand is sufficient.
However, there may be times when a replacement part or a professional serviceman is required to complete the task.
How Long Does Daewoo Washing Machine Last?
You should be able to use a Daewoo Washing Machine for up to 10-12 years with appropriate installation, level flooring, and ideal water hardness conditions.
A washing machine can obviously live more than 12 years if it is used less frequently than this, and it may not last as long if it is used more frequently.
The Washing Machine may suffer and may not last as long if you often wash heavy loads as opposed to lighter loads.
Daewoo Washing Machines Any Good?
Yes, Daewoo washing machines are good. Daewoo washing machines have earned a solid reputation in the market for their dependable performance and affordability.
These machines are known for their durability, ease of use, and a range of innovative features that cater to different laundry needs.
While they may not be the most high-end option on the market, they offer excellent value for the price, making them a popular choice for budget-conscious consumers. Daewoo washing machines are generally praised for their efficient cleaning abilities and reliable build quality.
However, as with any appliance, the overall quality can vary among models, so it’s essential to research specific models and read customer reviews to find the one that best suits your needs.
Overall, Daewoo washing machines can be a good choice for those seeking a reliable and budget-friendly laundry solution.
Pros and Cons of Daewoo Washing Machines
Pros of Daewoo Washing Machines:
- Affordability: Daewoo washing machines are often competitively priced, making them an excellent option for those on a budget.
- Reliable Performance: Many users have reported that Daewoo washing machines offer consistent and dependable cleaning performance.
- Multiple Features: Daewoo models come with a variety of washing programs and features to accommodate different types of laundry loads and fabric types.
- Energy Efficiency: Some Daewoo washing machines are designed with energy-saving features, helping to reduce utility bills and environmental impact.
- Decent Build Quality: While not the most premium machines on the market, Daewoo appliances are known for their decent build quality and durability.
Cons of Daewoo Washing Machines:
- Limited Model Availability: Daewoo washing machines might not have as wide a selection of models and sizes compared to some other brands.
- Service and Support: Customer service and technical support for Daewoo products can vary, and it may not be as robust as more established appliance brands.
- Limited Advanced Features: Daewoo washing machines may lack some of the advanced features and smart technology found in higher-end models.
- Noise Levels: Some users have reported that Daewoo washing machines can be a bit noisy during certain cycles, which may not be ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
- Resale Value: Daewoo appliances may not hold their resale value as well as some other brands, which could be a consideration for those planning to sell or upgrade in the future.
It’s essential to consider your specific needs and priorities when choosing a washing machine, as the pros and cons may vary depending on the model and your individual preferences.
Reading user reviews and researching specific models can help you make an informed decision.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can address and resolve the most common problems encountered with Daewoo washing machines.
However, if you encounter more complex issues or the problems persist, it is always advisable to seek professional assistance from authorized service centers or technicians to ensure the proper functioning of your appliance.
- Hoover Washing Machine Problems: 7 Common Issues (Must Read)
- Dishwasher Smell Like Sewer (Solved)
- Dishwasher Buying Guide (Must Read)
- Image by wayhomestudio on Freepik