A Frigidaire model is one of your best alternatives when purchasing an oven.
After all, Frigidaire ovens have a good reputation for dependability, style, and a tonne of features.
Ovens can still malfunction, despite how dependable they are.
If you are facing issues with your Frigidaire oven, don’t fret, as you will find a solution below.
Frigidaire Oven Problems: 7 Common Issues (with solutions)
Our list of the top 7 most common Frigidaire Ovens problems with solutions.
This is not to say that if you buy a Frigidaire Oven, you will have these problems.
These are the most commonly experienced problems.
Not too dissimilar to other oven brands.
Frigidaire Oven Not Working
If your Frigidaire oven is not working, it is most likely due to an electrical failure. A bad power cable connecting to the outlet, a malfunctioning power socket, or a fuse that has tripped the circuit breaker could all be to blame.
A malfunctioning Frigidaire oven can be a frustrating experience, especially when you’re in the midst of preparing a delicious meal.
However, before you panic and call for professional help, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to identify and potentially resolve the issue.
Check Power Supply:
- Ensure that the oven is properly plugged into a functioning power outlet.
- If your oven has a plug, make sure it’s securely connected.
- Check for tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses in your home’s electrical panel.
Verify Control Panel Settings:
- Confirm that the oven is set to the desired cooking mode (bake, broil, etc.).
- Check the temperature settings to ensure they are appropriate for your recipe.
- Reset the clock and timer settings to make sure they are not affecting the oven’s operation.
Inspect the Door Seal:
- A faulty door seal can lead to heat loss and affect the oven’s performance.
- Examine the door gasket for any visible damage or wear.
- If the seal is damaged, it may need to be replaced. Contact Frigidaire customer support for assistance.
Test the Oven Light:
- Check if the oven light is working. If not, it may indicate a power supply issue.
- Replace the bulb if it’s burned out, or check for loose connections if the light is not turning on.
Investigate Faulty Igniter (Gas Ovens):
- Gas ovens rely on an igniter to ignite the gas and create a flame.
- If your oven is not heating in a gas model, the igniter may be faulty.
- Consult your Frigidaire user manual for instructions on testing and replacing the igniter.
Evaluate Faulty Bake or Broil Element (Electric Ovens):
- Electric ovens use heating elements for baking and broiling.
- If your oven is not heating in an electric model, a defective heating element may be the culprit.
- Visually inspect the elements for any signs of damage or disconnection.
- Replace the element if necessary.
Check the Temperature Sensor:
- The temperature sensor monitors the oven’s internal temperature.
- A malfunctioning sensor can cause temperature inaccuracies.
- Test the sensor using a multimeter to ensure it’s within the specified resistance range.
Reset the Oven:
- Some electronic ovens may benefit from a system reset.
- Turn off the power supply to the oven for a few minutes and then turn it back on.
- This can often resolve minor glitches in the system.
By systematically going through these troubleshooting steps, you can often identify and resolve the issues causing your Frigidaire oven not to work.
If the problem persists or you are unsure about performing certain tasks, don’t hesitate to seek professional help.
Remember to consult your user manual for model-specific information and contact Frigidaire customer support for further assistance.
Frigidaire Oven Not Heating
If your food is taking too long to cook or not cooking at all, your oven might have a heating issue with your oven.
You can be certain about this by cooking a batch of food as a test to check the heating.
Frigidaire Oven not heating is often caused by faulty ignition, worn heating elements, or objects obstructing the convection fan.
To fix your oven, follow the solutions mentioned below.
- Check the bake element for cracks and inconsistent red glows. If the element appears to be defective, replace it with the help of a professional.
- Check the convection fan for obstructions and ensure its motor works; otherwise, replace the motor.
For more in-depth information check out the article below
Frigidaire Oven Taking Too Long to Heat Up
A common problem mainly with old Frigidaire ovens is they can take too long to heat up.
Slow heating of an electric oven can also indicate a variety of issues with the appliance.
One of the most likely causes is a leak of hot air from the oven.
Damaged oven door seal: The seal is attached to the oven door and ensures that when the door is closed, it forms an airtight seal.
This allows the oven to trap all of its hot air. When the seal is damaged, hot air escapes, and the healing process is delayed.
Oven door hinges that are damaged: Hinges allow the door to open and close easily while remaining perfectly aligned with the rest of the appliance.
When they become bent or broken, the door is unable to close securely, preventing the oven from trapping heat inside.
As a result, hot air escapes and the oven takes an inordinate amount of time to reach cooking temperatures.
If you have found the Frigidaire oven to be properly sealed, then it’s likely to be a result of a power supply issue, faulty main control board, or heating element being worn out.
If that’s the case best to call out a repair person to check it out.
Frigidaire Oven Baking Unevenly
At times, you will notice your oven-cooked food to be unevenly baked.
This is a common problem with Frigidaire ovens that are often disguised as cooking mistakes.
Ovens baking unevenly are typically caused by the bake element being burnt out, only the broil element will heat the oven. As a result, the oven will heat unevenly. When the bake element is properly heated, it glows red hot.
Following the solutions mentioned below will allow you to cook food evenly again.
- Look for holes or blisters to determine whether the baking element has burned out as it will be obviously damaged.
- Using a multimeter, check the bake element for continuity to see whether it has burned out.
- Replace the baking element if it lacks continuity.
- Debris can often get stuck between the blades of convection fans and stop it from circulating hot air around the oven for an even temperature.
- So, you may be able to solve this problem by removing debris.
- However, removing debris doesn’t help; test the fan motor for continuity using a multimeter.
- If there is no current passing, replace the motor and fix the connection to it.
Frigidaire Oven Temperature Inaccurate
If your food is coming out to be undercooked or overcooked, chances are you’re experiencing a common problem with Frigidaire ovens.
From time to time, Frigidaire ovens can start to function at inaccurate temperatures.
But you can solve this problem using the solutions below.
- Faulty heating elements that include the igniter and the bake element can contribute to an inaccurate temperature.
- Test the heating elements and get them replaced to fix your oven.
- If the problem persists, the thermostat may be the culprit behind the problem.
- However, testing and replacing a thermostat can be tricky. So, get a professional to do the job for you.
Frigidaire Oven Interior Light Not Switching On
The interior light of a Thor oven can be quite useful while cooking, as it allows you to ensure your food is properly cooked.
So, it can be quite frustrating when it doesn’t turn on. But on the bright side, it’s quite easy to fix this issue most of the time.
- All you need to do is check if the bulb has burnt out or not and replace it if it has.
- However, sometimes, there may be a problem with the bulb socket, which can also be replaced with ease.
Frigidaire Oven Light Stays Off
The oven light is an incredibly useful tool to ensure your food is cooked properly.
However, at times, you will notice your oven’s light remaining off while it’s running.
If that’s the case, try following the solutions below to fix the issue.
- It’s possible the light bulb has blown out. To test it, take out the bulb and try turning it on in another socket. If the bulb doesn’t turn on, replace it to fix your oven.
- If the bulb appears to be working as expected in another socket, the oven’s socket may be faulty.
- Use a multimeter to test if the current is passing through the socket wires.
- Call a professional to fix the internal disconnection if there is no current passing.
Frigidaire Oven Not Self-Cleaning
Self-cleaning can be quite helpful when it comes to removing tough stains and odors from your oven.
However, once it stops working, keeping your oven clean can get challenging.
So, refer to the solutions below to bring self-cleaning back into action.
- Self-cleaning features are designed to only work when the oven has cooled down.
- Try using the self-cleaning feature once the oven has cooled if you haven’t been doing so.
- However, if the oven doesn’t clean even while it’s cool, there may be an issue with the oven door latch. Call in a professional to fix the door latch.
Frigidaire Oven Broiler Not Working
The broiler is a great feature that allows you to cook particular foods to perfection.
However, Frigidaire ovens have a common problem regarding the broiler.
If your oven’s broiler appears to be dysfunctional, follow the solutions below.
- Check if the broil element has been damaged. You can do so by observing whether or not it glows red hot.
- A faulty broil element may also have holes and blisters.
- If the broil element appears to be faulty, replace it.
- If the broil element is working fine, the igniter may be at fault.
- Test the igniter and replace it if it turns out to be broken.
Frigidaire Oven Control Panel Not Working
Frigidaire ovens come with a control panel that includes several important buttons and options that can allow us to cook with ease and convenience.
However, if even one of those buttons stops working, it’s almost impossible to use the oven.
After all, there is no way to set the temperature or start cooking without the use of the control panel.
To fix your control panel, start by checking the connections of wires to the control panel.
However, make sure to turn off the oven before doing so as a safety measure.
If you don’t notice any faults with the wiring, check the printed circuit board for faults and clean it.
Check out this in-depth troubleshooting guide I put together on Frigidaire oven not working.
How Long Do Frigidaire Ovens Last?
The average lifespan of a Frigidaire oven is around 13-15 years.
While gas ranges last an average of 15 years, electric ranges last about 13 years. Keep your stove and oven clean by cleaning them regularly.
Are Frigidaire Ovens Any Good?
Yes, Frigidaire ovens are very good. Frigidaire ovens are well-built, and stylish, come with great features and boast a glossy aluminum exterior.
Frigidaire ovens are renowned for their consistent and reliable performance. Whether you’re an aspiring chef or a home cook, these appliances deliver precision cooking and even heat distribution. The temperature control is a standout feature, allowing you to bake, roast, and broil with confidence.
2. Design and Build
Sleek and modern, Frigidaire ovens are designed to seamlessly integrate into your kitchen aesthetic. The build quality is commendable, featuring durable materials that ensure longevity. The range of styles and finishes available ensures there’s a model to suit every taste.
3. Innovative Features
Frigidaire doesn’t just stop at the basics. Many models boast innovative features such as convection cooking, quick preheat options, and smart technology integration. The latter allows you to control your oven remotely, adding an extra layer of convenience to your cooking experience.
4. Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning up after a delicious meal is never a hassle with Frigidaire ovens. Many models come equipped with self-cleaning options, making the arduous task of scrubbing away grime a thing of the past.
What Do the Reviews Say?
Flat glass top Frigidaire cooktop and range. LOVE it.
Top includes 4 burners, 2 with multi pan size heating elements and warming ring.
The oven has both regular and convection cooking plus an air fryer.
Looked at many stoves. Best price especially for all the features.
Shopped around and Best Buy had the greatest deal around.
Delivery and installation were fast and professional
Pros and Cons of Frigidaire Ovens
Frigidaire has a wide selection of dependable ovens that can make a big difference in your kitchen.
So, if you’re in the market for a new oven, Frigidaire should be at the top of your list.
However, if you have any issues with your Frigidaire oven, you may find a solution to the problems listed above.
- Bosch Ovens: 7 Common Problems (with solutions)
- My Oven won’t Turn Off (With Solutions)
- Oven Not Heating Up but Stove Works (with 5 Simple Fixes)