A Frigidaire model is one of your best alternatives when purchasing an oven.
After all, Frigidaire ovens have a good reputation for dependability, style, and a tonne of features.
Ovens can still malfunction, despite how dependable they are.
If you are facing issues with your Frigidaire oven, don’t fret, as you will find a solution below.
Frigidaire Oven Problems: 7 Common Issues (with solutions)
Our list of the top 7 most common Frigidaire Ovens problems with solutions.
This is not to say that if you buy a Frigidaire Oven, you will have these problems.
These are the most commonly experienced problems.
Not too dissimilar to other oven brands.
Frigidaire Oven Not Working
If your Frigidaire oven is not working, it is most likely due to an electrical failure. A bad power cable connecting to the outlet, a malfunctioning power socket, or a fuse that has tripped the circuit breaker could all be to blame.
No matter what buttons you press on the control panel, the oven won’t seem to work.
In such a situation, try out the following solutions.
- Ensure the power cable is plugged in properly and the socket works.
- Check if the circuit breaker has been tripped due to a power surge and flip it back on.
- Replace the thermal fuse if all other measures fail.
If the troubleshooting steps above did not resolve the issue, you will need to contact a technician.
Frigidaire Oven Not Heating
If your food is taking too long to cook or not cooking at all, your oven might have a heating issue with your oven.
You can be certain about this by cooking a batch of food as a test to check the heating.
Frigidaire Oven not heating is often caused by faulty ignition, worn heating elements, or objects obstructing the convection fan.
To fix your oven, follow the solutions mentioned below.
- Check the bake element for cracks and inconsistent red glows. If the element appears to be defective, replace it with the help of a professional.
- Check the convection fan for obstructions and ensure its motor works; otherwise, replace the motor.
For more in-depth information check out the article below
Frigidaire Oven Taking Too Long to Heat Up
A common problem mainly with old Frigidaire ovens is they can take too long to heat up.
Slow heating of an electric oven can also indicate a variety of issues with the appliance.
One of the most likely causes is a leak of hot air from the oven.
Damaged oven door seal: The seal is attached to the oven door and ensures that when the door is closed, it forms an airtight seal.
This allows the oven to trap all of its hot air. When the seal is damaged, hot air escapes, and the healing process is delayed.
Oven door hinges that are damaged: Hinges allow the door to open and close easily while remaining perfectly aligned with the rest of the appliance.
When they become bent or broken, the door is unable to close securely, preventing the oven from trapping heat inside.
As a result, hot air escapes and the oven takes an inordinate amount of time to reach cooking temperatures.
If you have found the Frigidaire oven to be properly sealed, then it’s likely to be a result of a power supply issue, faulty main control board, or heating element being worn out.
If that’s the case best to call out a repair person to check it out.
Frigidaire Oven Baking Unevenly
At times, you will notice your oven-cooked food to be unevenly baked.
This is a common problem with Frigidaire ovens that are often disguised as cooking mistakes.
Ovens baking unevenly are typically caused by the bake element being burnt out, only the broil element will heat the oven. As a result, the oven will heat unevenly. When the bake element is properly heated, it glows red hot.
Following the solutions mentioned below will allow you to cook food evenly again.
- Look for holes or blisters to determine whether the baking element has burned out as it will be obviously damaged. Using a multimeter, check the bake element for continuity to see whether it has burned out. Replace the baking element if it lacks continuity.
- Debris can often get stuck between the blades of convection fans and stop it from circulating hot air around the oven for an even temperature. So, you may be able to solve this problem by removing debris.
- However, removing debris doesn’t help; test the fan motor for continuity using a multimeter. If there is no current passing, replace the motor and fix the connection to it.
Frigidaire Oven Temperature Inaccurate
If your food is coming out to be undercooked or overcooked, chances are you’re experiencing a common problem with Frigidaire ovens.
From time to time, Frigidaire ovens can start to function at inaccurate temperatures.
But you can solve this problem using the solutions below.
- Faulty heating elements that include the igniter and the bake element can contribute to an inaccurate temperature. Test the heating elements and get them replaced to fix your oven.
- If the problem persists, the thermostat may be the culprit behind the problem. However, testing and replacing a thermostat can be tricky. So, get a professional to do the job for you.
Frigidaire Oven Interior Light Not Switching On
The interior light of a Thor oven can be quite useful while cooking, as it allows you to ensure your food is properly cooked.
So, it can be quite frustrating when it doesn’t turn on. But on the bright side, it’s quite easy to fix this issue most of the time.
- All you need to do is check if the bulb has burnt out or not and replace it if it has.
- However, sometimes, there may be a problem with the bulb socket, which can also be replaced with ease.
Frigidaire Oven Light Stays Off
The oven light is an incredibly useful tool to ensure your food is cooked properly.
However, at times, you will notice your oven’s light remaining off while it’s running.
If that’s the case, try following the solutions below to fix the issue.
- It’s possible the light bulb has blown out. To test it, take out the bulb and try turning it on in another socket. If the bulb doesn’t turn on, replace it to fix your oven.
- If the bulb appears to be working as expected in another socket, the oven’s socket may be faulty. Use a multimeter to test if the current is passing in the socket wires. Call a professional to fix the internal disconnection if there is no current passing.
Frigidaire Oven Not Self-Cleaning
Self-cleaning can be quite helpful when it comes to removing tough stains and odors from your oven.
However, once it stops working, keeping your oven clean can get challenging.
So, refer to the solutions below to bring self-cleaning back into action.
- Self-cleaning features are designed to only work when the oven has cooled down. Try using the self-cleaning feature once the oven has cooled if you haven’t been doing so.
- However, if the oven doesn’t clean even while it’s cool, there may be an issue with the oven door latch. Call in a professional to fix the door latch.
Frigidaire Oven Broiler Not Working
The broiler is a great feature that allows you to cook particular foods to perfection.
However, Frigidaire ovens have a common problem regarding the broiler.
If your oven’s broiler appears to be dysfunctional, follow the solutions below.
- Check if the broil element has been damaged. You can do so by observing whether or not it glows red hot. A faulty broil element may also have holes and blisters. If the broil element appears to be faulty, replace it.
- If the broil element is working fine, the igniter may be at fault. Test the igniter and replace it if it turns out to be broken.
Frigidaire Oven Control Panel Not Working
Frigidaire ovens come with a control panel that includes several important buttons and options that can allow us to cook with ease and convenience.
However, if even one of those buttons stops working, it’s almost impossible to use the oven.
After all, there is no way to set the temperature or start cooking without the use of the control panel.
To fix your control panel, start by checking the connections of wires to the control panel.
However, make sure to turn off the oven before doing so as a safety measure.
If you don’t notice any faults with the wiring, check the printed circuit board for faults and clean it.
How Long Do Frigidaire Ovens Last?
The average lifespan of a Frigidaire oven is around 13-15 years.
While gas ranges last an average of 15 years, electric ranges last about 13 years. Keep your stove and oven clean by cleaning them regularly.
Are Frigidaire Ovens Any Good?
Yes, Frigidaire ovens are very good. Frigidaire ovens are well built, and stylish, come with great features and boast a glossy aluminum exterior.
Although Frigidaire has excellent temperature control for an electric appliance, it does not include a convection mode, which provides superior roasting and baking.
What Do the Reviews Say?
I have a double rapid boil burner on my new stove. I love that the water will now boil quickly.
Additionally, the stove includes an air fryer capability, and the coils on the bottom are not in the way while wiping up little drips.
I am currently satisfied with everything.
Black cooking surfaces were first supposed to be unappealing and challenging to clean, yet none of those assumptions proved to be true. Love my new stove so much.
Flat glass top Frigidaire cooktop and range. LOVE it.
Top includes 4 burners, 2 with multi pan size heating elements and warming ring.
The oven has both regular and convection cooking plus an air fryer. My only minor complaint is that almost anything I cook on the cooktop leaves marks so requires polishing after almost every use.
But the cooktop heats quickly. The warning light lets you know there is a hot burner until it has cooled completely
Looked at many stoves. Best price especially for all the features.
Shopped around and Best Buy had the greatest deal around. Delivery and installation were fast and professional
Pros and Cons of Frigidaire Ovens
Here are some of the pros and cons of the Frigidaire Ovens
- Attractive styles
- Well built
- Solid performance
- Stable temperatures
- Easy to clean
- No convection oven available
Frigidaire has a wide selection of dependable ovens that can make a big difference in your kitchen.
So, if you’re in the market for a new oven, Frigidaire should be at the top of your list.
However, if you have any issues with your Frigidaire oven, you may find a solution to the problems listed above.
- Bosch Ovens: 7 Common Problems (with solutions)
- My Oven won’t Turn Off (With Solutions)
- Oven Not Heating Up but Stove Works (with 5 Simple Fixes)