When it comes to blenders, many people believe that Ninja is the best option.
The Ninja is one of the best and most powerful blenders on the market. It creates smooth blends with few pieces or clumps.
Even the most powerful blenders, however, occasionally fail.
Fortunately, the usual problems with Ninja blenders can be avoided and fixed by reading the information below.
Ninja Blender Problems: 7 Common Issues (Simple Fixes)
Here are 7 common issues with Ninja blenders, along with effective ways to help you fix them.
This is not to say that if you buy a Ninja, you will have these problems.
These are the most commonly experienced problems.
Not too dissimilar to other fridge brands.
Ninja Blender Not Turning On
At times you might not be able to turn on your Ninja blender by simply pressing the start button.
Ninja blender not turning on is typically caused by a faulty power supply or fuse.
In such a situation, it’s best to follow the solutions mentioned below to start using your blender again.
- First off, ensure proper power connectivity to the blender by checking for loose power cables
- If everything seems fine with power connectivity, try plugging in the blender in a different socket. If it works again on a different outlet, the problem is most likely with the original outlet.
- Additionally, you can also check the fuse. To test the fuse, use a voltmeter and if you notice a high reading, replace the fuse to fix your blender.
If your blender is still not working properly, check your warranty and, if necessary, return it, purchase a new blender, or seek repair from a qualified technician.
Ninja Blender Leaking from Bottom
While leaks from the top can occur due to overfilling the blender jar and can easily be fixed, bottom leaks can be quite frustrating.
However, the solutions mentioned below can help you fix this issue with ease.
- Check the sealing ring at the bottom of the jug is correctly placed sealing the contents within the jug.
- The most common culprit behind a Ninja Blender is caused by a bottom leak of a broken blender jar. Detach the blender jar and check for any cracks. Even a hairline crack is enough to cause a leak.
- However, if the jar appears to be fine, the blender gasket responsible for making a leak-proof seal might be broken. Detach the jar and replace the gasket if it’s broken.
Ninja Blender Blade Not Spinning
If your Ninja blender turns on but does not start blending, you have likely overfilled your blender.
Refer to the solutions below to fix the issue.
- A common reason for this issue is that you might have overfilled your blender jar, making it difficult for the blades to spin. Try starting the blender after taking out some food.
- If the problem persists, the fans may not be able to spin due to a lack of liquid. Add some water and then start the blender.
- If the blender still doesn’t spin, there is a mechanical problem with the drive gear and motor. Call a professional to fix the issue.
If you are unsure about any of these tasks or do not want to risk voiding your appliance’s warranty, contact a qualified technician.
Ninja Blender Too Slow
Over time, you may notice your Ninja blender spinning slower than usual, which is usually caused by being overloaded with ingredients or having motor problems.
This can be a major issue, as it can make it quite difficult for your blender to chop food.
However, the solutions mentioned below can help you out of this problem.
- Make sure the ingredients are not overloading the blender. Too many solid ingredients will also make it difficult for the blades to move effectively.
- The main reason behind slow blade spinning is worn-out brushes in the blade motor. To fix the issue, you will need to replace the motor.
- However, another reason might be overfilling and a lack of water which can make it harder for the blades to rotate.
If you are unsure about any of these tasks or do not want to risk voiding your appliance’s warranty, contact a qualified technician to repair your prized blender.
Ninja Blender Produces a Burning Smell
Blenders can produce pungent smells at times.
If you notice a burning smell, it is no common occurrence and is indicative of a serious issue caused by faulty wiring.
So, follow the solutions below to fix the problem.
- If there is any burning smell, switch off your blender before troubleshooting. There may be loose wires that might have short-circuited within the blender.
- However, if you don’t have the expertise to test such wires, call in a professional to fix the problem.
Blender Still Not Working?
If you have tried all the above-mentioned solutions to the problems, you are facing and the blender still fails to work, there may be a more technical issue.
To fix such issues, you will need to call a professional, preferably from Ninja itself.
Parts required to fix technical issues are usually only available from the issuing company.
How Long Do Ninja Blenders Last?
Like most Ninja products, the Ninja blender can between 5-10 years depending on the frequency of use and how well it is used.
However, its lifespan can significantly decline due to poor usage and a lack of maintenance.
So, make sure to give your blender a regular inspection and keep it in good use to allow it to help you out in the kitchen for years to come.
Are Ninja Blenders Any Good?
In a nutshell, Ninja blenders are very good. They come with a powerful motor and reasonably priced it fits within most people’s budget.
Ninja blenders are an excellent choice for the majority of kitchens. They are not only known for their dependability and high performance, but they are also quite attractive and simple to use.
What the Reviews Say
I actually love this i wish at the time i had model with slicing and shredding blades but i don’t really need it as i have a tefal companion with has those.
I love the bowl have made pancakes in the blender and bowl both worked just as good.
I have whipped 300ml cream as all i had in the bowl with plastic blade took just 30 seconds on medium.
One of the things i loved the most was that the blades come out to wash so much easier than last blender.
This is one insanely powerful blender! Packed with 1500w power, would crushed anything even chunky ice. Couldn’t be more happy with this lil machine – it’s worth paying $200+!
Not to mention it’s incredibly versatile having a standard size blender with multiple sharp blades and also the 3 different sizes of Nutri Bullet for 1-2 serves of smoothies!
Easy to clean and has 4 suctions in the bottom of the unit for super sturdy operation – it has a couple of clutches in the side of the unit for easy un-suctioning the unit. VERY HAPPY with this purchase.
I have it for one year now and works great. I make smoothies, soup, cocktail and everything, it’s very noisey and loud but still I love it. Highly recommended to buy
A Ninja blender is a fantastic kitchen tool for blending and chopping ingredients.
Every device, even blenders, will occasionally experience problems.
However, there is no need to fret because hopefully, the remedies above have got you covered.
To ensure that you can use your Ninja blender easily, remember the problems and their fixes stated above.
- Breville Blender Problems: 7 Common Issues (Simple Fixes)
- Hamilton Beach Blender Problems: 7 Common Issues (Simple Fixes)
- Sunbeam Blender Problems: 7 Common Issues (Simple Fixes)
Image by Drazen Zigic on Freepik