When it comes to kitchen appliances and products, Samsung has claimed its position as a household name.
In particular, the Samsung Rangehood is quite popular, as it is known to be incredibly reliable due to its efficient design, high-quality build, and reliability.
However, even the most reliable appliance can sometimes fail.
In summary, here are common reasons why Samsung Rangehoods stops working properly
- Faulty Parts
- Blown fuse
- Damaged wiring
- Issues with the power supply
- Other technical issues
We are confident that we will be able to identify and resolve your rangehood problems.
Let’s dive in!
Samsung Rangehood Lights and Fan Not Working
People can often run into issues with the lights and fans in a Samsung range.
Typically, these issues are the direct effects of faulty parts or electrical problems.
It can seem quite technical to fix such issues. However, the below-mentioned solutions can help you out of this problem.
- Before you move on to check for faulty parts, it’s best to ensure everything is working fine on the electrical side. You can begin doing so by checking the power in the socket connected to your rangehood.
- If there is no power, the circuit breaker might have tripped. Simply head to the circuit box in your home and switch the tripped breaker back on.
- Make sure to look for a blown-out fuse in case the circuit breaker has not been tripped. Replace this fuse to allow the power supply to your rangehood.
- However, if the rangehood socket seems to be getting enough power, there may be loose or faulty wires inside the range hood. To fix this issue, you will need to disassemble your rangehood and inspect wires with the power switched off.
- While inspecting the wires, check wires connecting to lights, circuit boards, and control panels. If there are any loose or broken connections, tighten them up.
- During the inspection of wires, you can also check for blown-out bulbs. Pull out each bulb and test it in another socket, replacing it if it doesn’t light up.
- But if the bulbs are not blown out and still don’t light up, you will need to replace the light sockets.
- Furthermore, if tightening wires doesn’t help start the fans, check for debris stuck between them, removing anything that halts movement.
Samsung Rangehood Lights Work but Fan Not Working
If your Samsung rangehood lights turn on but the fans do not, you should know that the problem is almost certainly caused by an internal fault, such as a burned-out control board or damaged wires.
Dysfunctional fans can result from malfunctioning parts as well as electrical faults.
Here are some effective solutions to guide you in fixing your Samsung rangehood.
- To start fixing your rangehood’s fans, turn off all power supplies to the appliance. This will ensure your safety while inspecting wires.
- Disassemble the rangehood and look for burnt or melted components on circuit boards and control panels. You will need to replace the circuit boards if there are any faulty components.
- Check for loose or burnt wires as well and tighten or replace them to ensure a continuous supply of power to the fans.
- Furthermore, you can get a wiring diagram from Samsung to help you find the right connections of the fans to the circuit boards.
- Then inspect each connection of the fans to the circuit board and replace the connections if there are faults.
- If electrical components appear to be working as expected, the issue might be related to a mechanical fault.
- Check the screws attached to the rangehood fans. If you notice any loose screws, tighten them up.
- Check for debris stuck between the fan blades as well and removed it accordingly.
Samsung Rangehood Fan Works but Lights Not Working
If your Samsung rangehood’s fans work, but the lights are still switched off, you are experiencing issues with faulty wiring, blown bulbs, or a problem control board.
It can simply be a blown-out bulb causing a lack of lighting, or it can be a serious fault relating to the control panel inside. To fix the lights of your Samsung rangehood, follow the solutions mentioned below.
- Disassemble your rangehood after switching off power from the main socket and from the circuit breaker.
- Then test each bulb with the use of a multimeter or by turning them on in a different socket. If any of the bulbs do not work in different sockets, replace them to fix your range hood.
- If the bulbs work and still don’t light up, there is an electrical wiring issue in the rangehood circuits.
- Test the connections of the bulbs to the circuit board and control panel. If you notice burnt components, loose wires, or similar issues, replace the circuit boards.
- Furthermore, lighting issues are often related to a faulty LED driver. If no solutions work, you can try replacing the LED driver to fix the lighting.
Samsung Rangehood Cleaning Tips
Over time, range hoods can get quite dirty as grease continues to accumulate. Dirt and other stains can also appear, making your rangehood lose its appeal.
This affects not only the attractiveness of the rangehood but also of your entire kitchen.
So, it’s best to clean your Samsung rangehood, making it spotless. However, it can be a challenging task to do so.
So, to help you out with this purpose, here are some helpful cleaning tips.
The first step to effectively cleaning your rangehood is to remove dust collected on it. The best way to do so is with the help of a brush and a cloth.
The brush will help you dust off the dirt, and the cloth will help you wipe it away.
However, make sure to dust off the dirt from narrow spaces to get a cleaner look.
Moreover, you must also spread the cloth over the stove underneath the hood to prevent dust from making your stove dirty.
Eliminate stains under the hood
People often forget to clean the rangehood from within, which can lead to future complications such as faulty components.
So, make sure to remove stains and dirt from under the hood.
To do so, disassemble the hood, and clean the area using a brush and soap.
However, you will need to be careful while cleaning to avoid harming fragile electrical components.
Additionally, make sure to wear gloves to protect your hands from sharp edges and electrical components.
Clean the filter
The filter is another important part of the rangehood that needs to be cleaned. A dirty filter can render your rangehood completely useless as it won’t be able to perform its main job.
To clean the filter, detach it first and scrub off any large debris stuck on it.
You can then let it sit in water for about 20 minutes before scrubbing it again with a mixture of water and baking soda.
To further clean the filter, place it in warm water after scrubbing, and lastly, clean it with a vinegar solution by using a microfiber cloth.
The Samsung rangehood is a great appliance for your kitchen if you want to keep your kitchen’s environment healthy and safe.
However, you can’t deny the fact that it can sometimes run into issues like all other appliances.
But there’s nothing to worry about, as the solutions mentioned above have got your back.
So, make sure to keep in mind the issues and their solutions mentioned above to help you use your Samsung rangehood comfortably.