Indesit makes well-made washing machines that are packed with technological features and are reasonably priced.
However, Indesit washers, like other machines, are susceptible to breakdowns, leaving you with a pile of dirty wet clothing and feeling frustrated.
This article will look at common problems with Indesit washing machines, as well as potential solutions.
These are the most frequently encountered issues.
Other washing machine brands’ problems are not too dissimilar.
Ready, let’s dive in!
Indesit Washer Won’t Spin
If your Indesit washer is not spinning, or your Indesit washing machine clothes are wet after the cycle the problem may lie with the lid switch assembly or faulty motor.
This switch is responsible for keeping the washer halted whenever the lid is open. If the assembly has malfunctioned, the washer will not spin.
Another problem can be the motor coupling, which connects the motor with the device’s transmission.
The motor coupling can fail if the water is overloaded or generally suffers from wear and tear over time.
- Check the motor by putting your hand inside and feeling around, you can check the motor. The motor is definitely damaged if it seems flimsy or unsteady. In that situation, you ought to get in touch with a seasoned appliance repairman.
- Check the lid switch assembly with a multimeter for continuity. If there isn’t any, replace the assembly.
- It’s possible that the drain pump is clogged. You can inspect the drain pump by removing the bottom panel and checking the pump for any blockages
Indesit Washer Making Excessive Noise
If your Indesit washing machine is making excessive noise, the problem may be with the bearings or loose objects moving around in the washing machine.
There are two bearings in the washing machine, one in the middle of the outer tub and the other inside the rear drum.
If any of these bearings fail, the washer will make excessive noise or leak from the bottom.
It could also be because you put the washer near another appliance which causes it to rattle every time it runs.
You may have placed the device on an uneven surface.
- Check for any buttons or coins that might be tumbling around in the washing machine.
- Place the washing machine on an even surface, using a spirit level to check its balanced.
- Replacing the bearing requires complete machine disassembly, which is best done by a professional
Finally, if the washer is still making weird noises, call a technician to come out and determine the source of the noise and take the necessary steps, which in most cases will be a component replacement.
Indesit Washer Won’t Agitate
If your Indesit washing machine won’t agitate, the problem lies with the agitator repair kit more often than not.
This kit has all the components that allow the washer to stir, and once it malfunctions, you’ll run into issues.
Another reason can be a loose or damaged drive belt that isn’t functioning correctly due to wear and tear.
In that case, you should call a professional appliance repair person to take a look
- Replace the agitator repair kit
- Replace the drive belt
If you are unsure, it is best to contact a qualified technician.
Indesit Washer Isn’t Draining
If your Indesit washing machine isn’t draining water, the drain pump may be clogged.
This pump is responsible for pushing out water from the hose, but often debris gets stuck inside the pipe, causing the drain not to function as intended.
The hose can also get blocked if a small piece of clothing like a sock gets stuck inside the pump.
- Clean the drain pump. If cleaning doesn’t solve the problem, replace it
- Remove obstruction from the drain hose.
If these solutions have worked, then it’s best to call an appliance repair person to take a look.
Indesit Washer Won’t Start
If your Indesit washing machine has power but doesn’t start, try pressing a few buttons on the main display to check if the control board is working.
Often a problem with the main control board causes the machine not to start, even when it has power.
Another reason can be a fault with the washing machine timer, as any malfunction can cause the entire machine to shut down.
- Replace the main control board
- Replace the faulty timer
If your Indesit washing machine does not have power, then check for a damaged power cord connecting to the outlet.
Test the power socket by using a smaller appliance, and check if the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped.
If your washing won’t start after troubleshooting the steps above, you’ll need an Indesit professional to look at the circuitry and identify the faults with the control board.
Indesit Washer Won’t Fill
If your Indesit washer isn’t filling with water, the water inlet valve is probably the culprit.
This valve is responsible for the washer’s water supply, and it works if the pressure requirement is met, and it can fail if damaged or if the pressure is too low.
- You should be able to see hoses leaving the back of your washer that is attached to cold- and hot-water faucets. Check that these faucets are turned on and that the hoses leading to the unit are not kinked before continuing. Sometimes that is all it takes and doing so may only need turning on these faucets or adjusting the hose.
- Water inlet valves are the components of a washing machine that tell it when to begin or stop filling. This valve will occasionally fail and fail to signal the machine to fill. This is a relatively simple repair that normally necessitates the services of a technician
- When the water level reaches a specific level, a sensor alerts them to cease filling. These sensors can fail and alert the washing machine that the water level is too high, even if the unit is empty. The device will not fill until the sensor is repaired or replaced. This will require the services of a technician to resolve
Indesit Washer Stops Abruptly
If your Indesit washing machine stops abruptly mid-cycle, the door switch may malfunction, or a faulty water inlet.
The controller gives the signal to the machine to start once it’s closed, but if it fails, it’ll cause the washing machine to stop mid-cycle.
Another reason can be a faulty water inlet valve that has lost its continuity.
If the Indesit washer loses power during the cycle, make sure the power supply is properly inserted into the socket and that the circuit is not tripped.
- Check the power supply, making sure the washer is properly plugged into the socket. Check that the power cord is not faulty and that the circuit has not been tripped.
- Replace the door switch, which will require a technician
- Replace the water inlet valve, which will require a technician
Indesit Washer Leaking
The most common causes of Indesit washing machine leaking include an unlevel unit, faulty connections, a damaged pump, or a loose clamp.
Don’t worry; simply follow the steps below to resolve.
Indesit Washer Is Not Level
The Indesit washer could be leaking because your complete unit isn’t level, resulting in an out-of-balance washing drum.
Check that all of your washer’s legs are appropriately spaced on a solid floor.
If your legs aren’t standing equally, review your user handbook to learn how to level them.
Place a level on top of the washer and adjust the legs as needed until your machine’s legs are evenly spaced on the ground.
Water Connection Is Leaking
If you see the leakage from the machine’s bottom, the main hose connection could be to blame.
Check for leaks in the water inlet hose connections to the washer and the water valves in your home.
Tighten any loose connections and replace any damaged valves as needed.
When draped over a sink basin or attached to a sink drain or standpipe, make sure the hose is 60-90 cm high to avoid future seepage.
Defective Water Pump
A faulty water pump or hoses linked to the pump are frequently to blame for leaks under the washer.
If the pump is malfunctioning, you will typically hear a lot of rumbling or shaking coming from the appliance throughout a wash cycle.
A washer’s water pump is often found near the bottom of the appliance.
The two substantial hoses that are attached to the water pump serve as a visual cue.
If any of these connections seem slack or congested, you can visually confirm this.
Hose Clamp Loose or Missing?
Your washing machine’s drain hose should be connected to the drainage pipe that extends from your washer.
A clamp for the hose connection should be visible where they meet.
Your washing machine’s drain hose should be connected to the drainage pipe that extends from the washer.
This clamp may be hidden on the inside of some models, but it is usually visible.
If the connection feels or appears loose, or if there is no clamp or sealed connection at all, water may be leaking out of the bottom of the washer.
In most cases, tightening the water hose by hand is sufficient.
However, there may be times when a replacement part or a professional serviceman is required to complete the task.
See this article for a more in-depth troubleshooting guide that I have written.
How Long Does Indesit Washing Machine Last?
You should be able to use an Indesit washer for up to 10-12 years with appropriate installation, level flooring, and ideal water hardness conditions.
A washing machine can obviously live more than 12 years if it is used less frequently than this, and it may not last as long if it is used more frequently.
The washer may suffer and may not last as long if you often wash heavy loads as opposed to lighter loads.
Are Indesit Washers Any Good?
Yes, Indesit washing machines are good. Indesit produces washing machines aimed at budget price ranges that will clean your dirtiest clothes.
When compared to more expensive competitors, Indesit washing machines are the most energy efficient and attractive.
What the Reviews Say
Not the first Indesit we have had, always choose Indesit for their reliability looks, and ease of use. You feel like you’re buying a quality product, not a brand name.
The washing machine fits perfectly, is so quiet, and has a variety of settings, gents that delivered were happy and polite id give it ten stars if I could 100% would recommend
Great washing machine, has a quieter and more efficient spin than my very old one, and is compact. I’ve always had Indesit washing machines and found them to be very reliable.
This one was great value anyway, but even better savings in the sale.
So, there you have it: our in-depth troubleshooting guide for your Indesit washer, so you’re always prepared in the event of a problem.
If you discover a problem, carefully read the article and, if necessary, contact a qualified technician.
- Indesit Dryer Problems: 7 Common Issues (Must Know)
- Indesit Fridge Problems: 7 Common Issues (Must Know)
- Indesit Dishwasher Problems: 7 Common Issues (Must Know)